Pakistan is blaming “the refusal of US-led Allied Forces in Afghanistan to arrest or dislodge Mullah Fazlullah, who freely operates from Afghanistan and whose henchman have targeted Malala.” The Pakistanis are reminding the Obama Administration that “Mullah Fazlullah aka Mullah Radio operating freely from Afghanistan despite repeated requests by Pakistan to proceed against him.”
Rupee News has repeatedly point out the fact that that the Predators and Reapers do not attack the TTP to put it out of business.
Despite repeated requests, the US has not attacked members of the TTP because the TTP does not usually attack Americans.
- Fazlullah under the watchful eye of of Afghan, NATO, ISAF and US forces — regrouped in Afghanistan and established strongholds in the Nuristan and Kunar provinces, posing a threat to Pakistan once again.
- Fazlullah is responsible for a series of cross border ambushes conducted from eastern Afghanistan that have killed more than 100 Pakistani soldiers.
- Fazlullah’s gruesome approach can be gauged from the fact that in a cross border ambush in June 2012, his henchmen kidnapped and beheaded 17 Pakistani soldiers and then released a video showing their heads along with their identification cards.
- On June 25, 2012, a spokesman for the Fazlullah group had admitted for the first time that it was using Afghanistan as a springboard to launch attacks on the Pakistani security forces.
- Pakistani military authorities subsequently approached their US counterparts as well as the military commanders of the Nato forces stationed in Afghanistan, seeking the arrest of Fazlullah and the elimination of his hideouts.
There is frustration in Pakistan at the complacency of NATO which does not target the TTP. The NATO/Afghan complacency or connivance has been responsible for many civilian deaths in Pakistan. 40,000 Pakistanis have died as a result of terror attacks by the TTP on Pakistan.
- No action could be taken even to contain the growing cross border ambushes of Fazlullah who constantly stays in touch with his followers in the Swat district which is still under the control of the Pakistan Army.
- In August 2012 visit to Washington, ISI Director General Lt General Zaheerul Islam had focused talks with CIA Director David Petraeus and other senior US officials on the repeated attacks by the Afghanistan-based Fazlullah group in the Pakistani border regions of Dir, Chitral and Bajaur.
- The ISI chief provided concrete evidence to senior CIA and American military officials about the hideouts of Fazlullah-led militants in Kunar and Nuristan provinces.
- Lt General Zaheerul Islam had further sought urgent steps by US and Nato forces to counter the growing activities of Fazlullah’s.
- American officials assured the Pakistanis that the Nato forces would proceed against Fazlullah and his alleged hideouts in Kunar and Nuristan
- The US acknowledged that Fazlullah was using the Afghan terrain to target the Pakistani security forces but tried to blackmail Pakistan into attacking the Haqqanis.
There is a growing sense in Pakistan–that if NATO cannot control the terrorists who attack civilians in Pakistan, then Pakistan should take out the terror camps in Afghanistan. This is a golden opportunity to attack the Wakhan Corridor and eliminate all the spies that have ensconced themselves there.