The rise and the fall of the PTI is being discussed in all academic and political quarters. The latest PEW polls show that the PMLN seems to have overtaken the PTI and the astronomic rise of the party has been halted. There are various polls that suggest that the PTI is losing its grip. Has the Tsunami turned into a Tropical Storm? Will it turn into a rain-storm or gain strength and become a bigger Tsunami. Only time will tell.
Here is Imran Khan on the defensive:
- PMLN … 28% (Increase of 1 point as compared to last survey)
- PTI……24% (Decrease of 7 points as compared to last survey)
- PPP……14% (Decrease of 2 points as compared to last survey)
- PML-N: has maintained its voters. Huge chunk of voters is from Punjab. No difference is seen in other provinces.
- PTI: Will probably wipe out ANP whose popularity is 1% (explains the shanaigans of Bilour–one wonders how he got $100K to give away?)
- PPP: is losing popularity except in rural Sind. PPP has lost presence in the Punjab and is now number three.
- MQM: has maintained it vote bank and has a lock on its popularity in Uruban Sind (Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkar Nawabshah)
It is true that the PMLN is on a war-path and has been on the attack for a while. Its mantra that a vote for the PTI will ensure a win for Zardari (because it divides the vote between the PMLN and the PTI) has some resonance and may be a reality. The votes may prefer Nawaz Sharif to Mr. Zardari.
Mr. Imran Khan has admitted to the loss in popularity as have other members of the party. The departure of Shireen Mazari, the super-patriotic Baloch politicians and intellectual giant surely could not have come at a worst time.
March/April -> July/August (National)
- PMLN 27-> 28
- PTI 31-> 24
- PPP 16-> 14
- Q/JU 2-> 2
- PMLN 41-> 43
- PTI 33-> 27
- PPP 9-> 7
- PMLQ 2-> 2
- PPP 42-> 39
- PTI 15-> 13
- PMLN 6-> 6
- PMLQ 3-> 3
- MQM Maintains its position
- PTI 49-> 30
- PMLN 8-> 9
- PPP 9-> 5
- ANP 13-> 1
- PTI 45-> 36
- PMLN 11-> 8
- PPP 6-> 5
- PMLQ 4-> 3
91% think that the Country of going in wrong direction 91%
Popularity of Nawaz Sharif: 60%
Popularity of Imran Khan : 60%
The PTI is in chaos. The friction between the old and the new could not have been worse. The elections in the party have been postponed again. There is evidence that the means of enrolling members through simply sending a SMS is probably been infested with fraud and duplication. Mr. Khan brags that he has 1 corore (10 million) members. However this claim is based on electronic identities, not real warm bodies.