You have the potential to become one of the great presidents of Pakistan. You have done great things for this nation.
- Your constitutional work will always be remembered with fondness.
- You restored the 1973 constitution and eliminate 52B which eliminated presidential powers.
- You gave up powers to the provinces and got the NFC signed, something that even Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto could not do.
- You gave up your nuclear trigger powers.
- You created the “province” of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- You stood up to a Superpower and gave them a timeout which cost them $2 Billion.
- You nominated Fukharuddin G. Ibrahim as Chief Election Commissioner, an icon nominated by the PMLN and the PTI. This will ensure confidence in the elections.
- You have led the government with consensus.
Now let us see your track record as a government. It has been less than stellar and the PPP is about to lose its majority status on the country. If this goes on, it may even disappear as a party. Corruption, the energy crisis and plain incompetence is taking its toll on Zulfiqar’s party. The Jiyalas are now leaving in droves. The gig is up now. There is no escape. The Pakistani and international bloodhounds and bounty hunters are now seeking out the hidden wealth and will not give up. Mr. Mubarak‘s $75 billion could not help him. He lies in a cage. There are folks who want to do a Qaddafi on you, or treat you like one of the other dictators. You don’t deserve that. The next government will surely tighten the screws further. There are many other cases also. The August submarine case and other will haunt you.
Everyone makes mistakes. It takes a great man to admit his and then pay back the country. You are known as 10% in the world. Lets change that around. One gets wrapped up in the wrong trek. Its hard to get out of it. Its not that hard.
Take the money hidden in Switzerland, Spain, France and other places and bring in back to Pakistan –just deposit $60 million in the Pakistani treasury. You can keep the interest which already amounts to millions. . Buy Pakistan a power-plant for $1 billion, or start the dam. The Pakistanis are a forgiving people and will be eternally grateful. They will name the dam after you. Instead of damming Zardari, they will sing praises for you and you will be able retire comfortably not in Dubai or New York but in your nice home in Karachi.
The Supreme Court will back off, th army will stand-down, the PPP loyalists will breathe a sigh of relief, and Pakistanis from Karachi to Khyber will be in awe.
Mr. Zardari–its only money. You have the opportunity to buy fame and immortality.
Lets hear from you.