Shaikh Rasheed thinks that he is going to be assisinated. Mubbashir Luqman agrees.
We see death in his eyes. We see the above video being run over and over again. Mr. Rashid is a fearless spoesperson for the poor. He rose up from abject poverty and has not faced any charges of corruption. This election year has has spoken against PMLN, the PPP, the army and even the judiciary (being careful not committing contempt of court).
He has survived multiple attempts on his life–however however some see a deathwish in his actions. He too outspoken against America, and his association with the DPC does not please many foreign powers. He was the only minister in the Musharraf regime who was refused entry into Bharat. In fact he was sidelined as a Minister of Railways because of his outspoken views against Delhi. He is against the resumption of the NATO supplies and is against the MFN status to Bharat.
We wish him a long and prosperous life, yet the chances are slim.
- Will Pervez Musharraf return to a red carpet or face jail (rupeenews.com)
- Can Sethi dare to dismiss Kayani before Gilani faces ‘Vote of No Confidence’? (rupeenews.com)
- Haqqani leads ‘Gang of 8? scheme: Shaikh Rashid (rupeenews.com)
- Can Mr. Gilani survive Jan 19th? (rupeenews.com)
- The DPC shakes Karachi with a colossal rally (rupeenews.com)
- 6+6: New elections are imminent (rupeenews.com)
- All political parties in huddles (rupeenews.com)
- Vote of Confidence or PMLN resignations? (rupeenews.com)
- An earthquake after the tsunami? (rupeenews.com)
- The ‘scheme’ called ‘democracy’ destroyed the Ottoman and Mughal Empires….. (rupeenews.com)
- Sh Rasheed will be bitterly disappointed, says Haqqani (nation.com.pk)