An unknown commodity has been transformed into a household name and an internationallly known personality. The US has admitted it lacked the evidence to convict the the $10 million man, one called Hafiz Saeed. Despite the collosal bounty the US State Department was a bit confused about the bounty. Almost all American bounties are “Wanted Dead or Alive“, this one was described as “Bounty for Information”. Bounty for Infomation? This means that the greatest power on earth doesn’t have the information!!! Does it exist?
The US State Department’s wanted list has provoked an angry reaction in Pakistan where even liberal commentators have cahllenged Washington to come up with proof for the indictment and accusing the US of announcing the bounty in order to cosy up to arch-rival India. The State Department spokesperson, Mark Toner, was forced to hwak the company line–that the reward was for evidence that could be used to secure a conviction. What a crock!
Toner came out comincal when he said “We all know where he is. Every journalist in Pakistan and in the region knows how to find him. But we’re looking for information that can be usable to convict him in a court of law.” SO there is no proof bu the US thinks that the information is worth $10 million. Wonderbar!
If Prime Minister Gilani said on Thursday that the issue of Hafiz Saeed was Pakistan’s internal matter. If Saeed is nabbed, Indian and Pakistan relations will hit a low nadir. The plan to get Saeed will not work.
Toner admitted that so far the US lacked proof that would withstand judicial scrutiny “There is information, there is intelligence that is not necessarily usable in a court of law,” he said. ..and so it goes!
- Relations to be redefined after Gen Mattis ‘eats humble pie’ in Islamabad (timesofislamabad.com)
- Relations to be redefined after Gen Mattis ‘eats crow’ in Islamabad (rupeenews.com)
- 1 Trillion Dollars stolen from Pakistan: Imran Khan (rupeenews.com)
- An earthquake after the tsunami? (rupeenews.com)
- Pakistan wants ‘Friends not Masters’ (rupeenews.com)
- The ‘scheme’ called ‘democracy’ destroyed the Ottoman and Mughal Empires….. (rupeenews.com)
- Leftist Fringe media in India tries to mould Pakistan in its own image (rupeenews.com)
- Pakasia: The future of Pakistan (pakistanindependent.com)
- Indian textbooks build hate culture against Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, & Maldives (rupeenews.com)
- “If Iran is attacked; we have no alternative but to launch a reprisal attack”: Pakistani official (rupeenews.com)