PAKISTAN LEDGER | September 7th, 2008 | | RUPEE NEWS | September 7th, 2008 | This article has been submitted by our Bangladeshi columnist Dr. Isha Khan. India‘s security establishment has identified the four major areas of instablity in the country.
- Dalit Civil Rights activist in India: Dr Kancha Ilaiah Interview
- India: Why are Hindus violently assaulting Christians?
- Muslims must work AMONG Dalits & liberate them: Dr. Ilaiah
- INDIA: Dr. Ilaiah, Dalit author of “I am not a Hindu” persecuted
- “Nonviolence” gimmick failed to achieve any results. Is it a marketing success?
- Indian Secularism: A status report by Shah Abdul Halim of Bangladesh
- Freedom: Arundhati Roy on “Brave New India”
- Dalts converts to Islam, Christianity face murder, rape in India
Amnesty International (AI) 2008 report on issues within India: http://rupeenews.com/2008/05/29/amnesty-int-2008-report-excoriates-horrid-india
It may surprise many, but the are of highest concern is not Kashmir, but the rising tide of communalism, Anti-Christian, Anti-Dalit, and Anti-Muslim. The Naxalite insurrection led by Dalits and Maoists that comprises more than 40% of the landmass of the country.Three major groups – Maoist Communist Centre, People’s War Group and CPI (ML) – have merged to form a united outfit called CPI (Maoist). It affirmed: The revolution will be carried out and completed through armed agrarian revolutionary war; that is, protracted people’s war with the armed seizure of power remaining as its central and principal task, encircling the cities from the countryside and thereby finally capturing them.”
Kashmir was concerned as the biggest threat to the country’s unity but in recent years, many in New Delhi thought that they had swollowed Srinagar. Kashmir is in fever pitch. This year’s insrurrection caught them by sruprise. the Divide between Jammu and Kashmir now is irrerable and even the puppet Farooq Abdullah who sold his soul to Delhi for a few Dollars and a title, says “Kashmir will go on a platter to Pakistan.” Paper Tigers: Indian tenuous “hold” on Kashmir is slipping fast
The third are of security conern for New Delhi is open rebellion in the Northeast. These insurections do not make it to the daily headlines on CNN, but the fact is the New Delhi has very little control of Assam and the seven sisters that lie East of Bangadesh. Even Chinese occupied territory mislabeled “Aranchal Pradesh” has a huge body of rebels that want nothing to do with Delhi.
Communalism is a big threat to the so called “secular” country. Brahmans in Jammu in 2008 led a boycott of Kashmir forcing the Kashmiris to strive to trade directly with Pakistan. Church burning in Orissa are problem exacerbated by the sepratists who strive for freedom from Delhi. The Gujarits Hinduvata massacred 3000 Muslims and hundreds of thousands are scared to goback to their homes.
The land of Gandhi, the secular state is falling apart.
- United States Congressional Record on Mohandas Gandhi
- Fact & Fiction: What the world thinks of Mohandas Gandhi!
For the insurrection in Kashmir, New Delhi blames Pakistan. For the insurrction in the seven sisters, New Delhi blames Bangladesh. For the Naxalite insurrection, Delhi blames China. Bad priorities and an inflated ego keeps Dlehi in perpetual war (and border disputes) with all her neighbors, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives, and Pakistan. India is spending $3 Billion on an Aircraft carrier, and $126 Billion on purchase of fighter aricraft–while low tech weopens used by the Naxalites are keeping the Indian army at bay. Stones and slogans keep 800,000 Indian soldiers occupied in Kashmir. So much for the “largest democracy” in the world. Behold a “demcoracy” where more than 60% of the country is in the hands of the rebels.
India danger list-1-2-3 map: The India government has identified three major areas that are a threat to the national integrity of the country
40% of the Indian land mass is not in the hands of the Central governement, but in the hands of Naxalites.
- EU says “India is being ruled by castes, not laws”-Indian state machinery supports License to kill Dalits
- India: 3500-yrs of massacres of Dalit-Sudra Blacks by Arya-Brahmins
- Sudra Holocaust: Genocide of 1 million Dalits in India since 1947: About three million Dalit women have been raped and around one million Dalits killed from the time of Independence. This is 25 times more than number of soldiers killed during the wars fought after independence. That is why Dalits do not need Aryan culture or Hindu Dharma based on caste any more. …” [Dr. Tulsiram]
While the Maoists have carried out spectacular attacks and did disrupt polls to some extent, they were not fully successful in effecting a boycott. Voter turnout in the constituencies worst hit by Maoist violence was a respectable 50%.
Maoist influence runs through a stretch of territory referred to as the “Red Corridor”. This extends from the Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh through Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand up to Bihar. Areas in western Orissa and eastern Uttar Pradesh are also under Maoist influence. And they have some presence in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka as well.
The area where the Maoists operate has grown dramatically in recent years. In the early 1990s the number of districts affected by varying degrees of Maoist violence stood at just 15 in four states. This rose to 55 districts in nine states by the end of 2003 and to 156 districts in 13 states in 2004. Maoists are believed to be operating now in around 200 districts (of a total of 602 districts in the country) in 17 states.
Government officials point out that these statistics and the name Red Corridor have conjured up images of Maoists being in control of a large swathe of land and posing a threat to the Indian state…
…The Maoists have also been blowing up power lines and service towers. In May 2007, they blew up three 132 KVA high-tension towers in the Bastar region, plunging six districts into darkness for a week and disrupting normal power distribution for a fortnight. “Functioning of hospitals, communication systems and rail traffic, besides iron ore mines was badly affected,” Ramana points out. In June of last year, two 220 KVA towers were blasted depriving 15,000 villages of electricity.
Maoists have displayed their military capability through their high-profile attacks on railways and other infrastructure. They have been able to inflict losses running into millions of dollars on the state they are seeking to overthrow. Maoists rule India’s ‘Red Corridor’
By Sudha Ramachandran April 2009.
At least 12 police officers were killed early this week in mine blasts planted by the Maoists rebels in a remote area of Jharkhand.
Is India a failed state? Yes. India is not a state. If India is poor. How long to end poverty in “Bharat” Affluence in Bharat. The status of India has to be looked at. India as world power! Part 1. We broke this article into two parts. World power India: Part 2. Isha Khan email@example.com
- Imran Khan is completely on the wrong page over Kashmir and foreign policy towards India (rupeenews.com)
- Indian Occupied Kashmir: Pro-Pakistani Kashmiris challenge Imran Khan’s nonsense on Kashmir (rupeenews.com)
- Is Indian claim on Kashmir legal? (rupeenews.com)
- Imran Khan fails to support the Kashmiri ‘right of self determination’ AGAIN (rupeenews.com)
- The Quaid answers 3 questions on Kashmir in 1940 (rupeenews.com)
- Dalit – The Black Untouchables of India: VT. Rajsshekar (rupeenews.com)
- The Caliban of South Asia (rupeenews.com)
- Indian textbooks build hate culture against Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, & Maldives (rupeenews.com)
- ‘Plebiscite should be held in Kashmir’: Prashant Bhushan (rupeenews.com)