The situation in Islamabad has reached fever pitch. Mr. Ahtizaz Ahsan said that the seven person bench of the Supreme Court may allow an appeal. Mr. Ahsan Ahsan refused to answer the question writing letter to the Swiss Court. Mr. Shiakh Rashid said that if the PPP was panicky, why was the COAS given a full term. Mr. Rashid asked the PPP why was the statement against the COAS made while General Kayani was in China. Memogate has to be decided whether Kayanai stays or not
Mr. Nawaz Sharif calls an emergency session of the PMLN and will be working with the other parties, including the parties allied with the government. Mr. Sharif hinted a vote of no confidence. Mr. Sharif reiterated his commitment to democracy. Mr. Sharif calls for immediate elections.
The ANP does not want early elections. The ANP did not support the PMLN position. The change of the guard is a message. Mr. Rashid that each member of the security of the PM house is part and parcel of Triple Brigade. Mr. Rashid said that the early elections have been agreed upon. Mr. Rashid has the right to fire the Secretary of Defense, but the PPP does not have the right to ridicule the Secretary of Defense.
Mr. Rashid said that the army will not do anything.
The ANP insisted that the Supreme Court has given the options to the government. The ANP said that it would support the PPP in parliament.
- Memogate fallout exacerbates US-Pakistani ‘Cold War’ (rupeenews.com)
- ‘National Assembly is ineffictive’: PMLN Nawaz Sharif’s perspective (rupeenews.com)
- Understanding the mind of Imran Khan (rupeenews.com)
- Zardari departs: ‘critical mistake – seconding me in scheme’: Manzur Aijaz (rupeenews.com)
- All political parties in huddles (rupeenews.com)