Ambassador Maleeha Lodhi is one of the most brilliant daughters of Pakistan. She has described the political topography of US-Pakistani relations at a juncture which could create a new symbiosis, or if lost could lead to more Anti-Americanism. She recently described the priorities of Pakistan based on Security and Economics. She confirmed that General Jones when meeting the Pakistani troika was handed a dossier by the Pakistani side–the dossier clearly defined Pakistani demands.
- Pakistan wants the US to deliver decisions on Kashmir.
- Islamabad wants a role in Afghanistan which is its strategic depth.
- The Pakistani side wants to move beyond the shackles of Aid and demands Trade Access to the US and Europe.
- Pakistan has problems in electricity and wants an Energy partnership with America based on parity.
Selective Amnesia of Americans: Pakistan is the most mistreated friend in the world. Dr. Lodhi described the process as a good sign, but it has to move forward with some decisions.US Pakistan Strategic dialogue: A new beginning or a lot of jaw … The former editor of The News described the situation as a golden of opportunity for America. Most analysts see this as an historic moment for Washington to fix the historical wrongs committed by the US in the region–already admitted by stalwarts like Hillary Clinton. Does the US consider India relevant in Afghanistan?
- Kerry-Lugar Peanuts: 50% of US Aid fills pockets of US consultants
- Pakistan needs Trade First not Aid First
- Beyond 2011–Once the US leaves Afghanistan
To prepare for some historic decision on Kashmir, the PPP government has already invited Geelani who is a Pro-Pakistani leader in Bharati Occupied Kashmir. After the London Conference, Pakistan has expedited efforts to work with the Turks, the Afghans, and the Iranians to come up with a regional solution. Negotiations are already in the advanced stages with the EU. EU, UK, USA plan reconstruction effort in Pakistan. There are numerous reports and contradictory statements about American willingness to offer Nuclear Technology to Pakistan. US amenable to providing Nuclear power plants to Pakistan. The rumors, statements and predictions are at a decibel level where the Delhi Foreign Office and even the BJP has issues statements of apprehension. Bitter India blackmaling US: Will it work?